Greetings fellow ghouls! Welcome to our first-ever Spooky Middle Grade Summer Writing Contest. Do you have what it takes to scare the pants off our spooky authors? Here are some quick rules:
- Must be ages 8-12 to enter.
- Submit your story to email@example.com by midnight CST on July 31, 2019.
- Stories must be submitted as Word documents, 12pt font, double-spaced.
- Stories should not exceed 1000 words.
- Stories must start with the prompt (see below).
- Include your full name and preferred contact email.
- Ask for your parent or guardian’s permission before entering.
Three lucky winners will have their stories posted on spookymiddlegrade.com. They will also receive some cool, spooky swag and be forever known as “Official Scare Masters.”
Spending the summer in a haunted school bus in the middle of the woods was bad enough. Did there have to be killer pineapples?