One of my personal favorite spooky activities is to consult an oracle deck, especially when I’m feeling indecisive or confused about a situation.
I decided to create a deck of oracle cards based on books by our Spooky MG authors that you can use for guidance! (For entertainment purposes only).
Simply print the sheets out (preferably on a thicker card stock) and cut along the lines to create your very own deck of 25 spooky cards!
For best results, consult the cards in a quiet space where you will not be disturbed. If you’d like, light a candle or incense to add some atmosphere! Take several deep breaths and try to clear your mind of any thoughts. When you feel ready, gently shuffle the cards as you ponder a question you might have. Even if you don’t have a specific question the cards will give you a topic to reflect upon.
Draw a card and consult this guide for its meaning:
- RESILIENCE: You may feel stuck but this is the time to push forward! Trust your inner spirit and know that you can face anything life throws at you.
- LOGIC: Sometimes our imaginations can get carried away. Try to bring yourself back to the facts and look at things objectively. Ask for a second opinion or clarification if needed.
- SECRETS: What secrets are you keeping close to your chest? Would it feel better to share them with a trusted person? Why do you keep your secrets? Is it from loyalty or fear?
- POWER: Recognize your own power. Take up space. Let yourself be heard! This card may also appear when you are feeling oppressed by something or someone. Acknowledge your strengths!
- DOORWAYS: Opportunities could be heading your way. Keep your eyes open for new challenges that could lead to good rewards. Don’t be afraid to try new things!
- GIFTS: Everyone has inner gifts. What are yours? See this card as an opportunity to express gratitude for the gifts in your life.
- DECISIONS: This card will often appear when you are at a crossroads or need to make an important choice. Sometimes it can be paralyzing, but trust your intuition!
- ILLUSIONS: Be wary of people and situations who might be trying to deceive you. If something doesn’t feel right, trust your gut. Things aren’t always as they seem.
- MISCHIEF: This card is about bending the rules. It invites you to “play hooky” from your responsibilities and do something fun for yourself. It could also mean that someone is trying to push your buttons deliberately, so watch out!
- ADVENTURE: When this card comes up, there’s a good chance you’ll have an opportunity to travel or try something new and exciting. Or, if things have been too routine, this card can nudge you to break out of your comfort zone and be more spontaneous!
- CURIOSITY: It’s healthy to be curious and ask questions. Don’t always accept things at face value. This card encourages you to explore and dive deeper into the situation at hand.
- MYSTERY: This card can show up when you feel lost or confused. But, like any good mystery, there will be clues you can follow. This can be a reminder to be more observant and to listen more intently.
- CHALLENGES: You might see this card when you are going through a difficult time. This card encourages you to learn from the obstacles in our path. What can we gain from our conflicts?
- FAMILY: This card reminds you to connect with the people closest to you. It may show up when you’ve been too busy to focus on family, and is a gentle reminder to reassess your priorites.
- HUMOR: Try to think of the last time you laughed so hard you cried. If it’s been too long to recall, this card is a reminder to invite more laughter and joy into your life. Watch a funny show or allow yourself to act silly!
- HISTORY: Sometimes the past comes back to teach us. Sometimes we still need to heal from old memories or experiences. This card encourages you to face your past to give you the tools you need to move forward.
- FEAR: What are you most afraid of? How is this holding you back from things you want to achieve? Sometimes fear can be healthy. It can keep us safe. But sometimes it can prevent us from taking necessary risks.
- COMPETITION: If this card shows up, you may be trying to prove something. Or jealously could be involved. Competition can be a good thing – it can give us drive and inspire others. But try not to get too wrapped up in always being number one.
- ANXIETY: In these times, it’s normal to feel anxious. But this card invites you to take a closer look at the things that are giving you stress. Sometimes we just need to talk to someone to make it better. It’s ok to ask for help.
- COURAGE: This card reminds you of how brave you can be. Courage doesn’t mean being unafraid. It means pushing forward despite your fears. Courage also has many forms. For some people, it can be as simple as speaking up.
- CONTROL: When this card shows up, you may be feeling a loss of control in your life. Sometimes it’s ok to let go and not manage every detail. It’s also ok to set boundaries with other people who are trying to control you.
- GRIEF: Sadness and loss are a part of life. This card can show up when you are mourning something, whether it be a person, a pet, or even a lost opportunity. It’s ok to take the time you need to process your grief and heal from it.
- FRIENDSHIP: This card reminds us to lean on our friends and to trust others to help you. Sometimes it shows up when you’re feeling lonely, and it’s a reminder to reach out to those who care. It’s also a nudge to stop being reclusive and to get out more!
- RESPONSIBILITY: This card can show up when you feel overburdened or stressed. How can you delegate tasks or ask for help and support? This card may be a reminder to be more organized or take time for self-care.
- MAGIC: This card can indicate that a surprise is on its way. It’s about the unexpected, the serendipitous, and the strange! Life is full of twists and turns. Embrace it!