As a little girl, S.A. Larsen believed her closet held secret passageways to magical worlds brimming with all sorts of creepy creatures – her favorite kind. Sheri never did find a ghoul or a goblin in her closet, only a half-eaten fluffernutter that her brother repurposed as a hockey puck. Her debut novel MOTLEY EDUCATION (Leap Books, 2016), is an international multiple award-winning, fantasy-adventure for middle grade readers; this is the first book in the series. She’s also the author of MARKED BEAUTY (Ellysian Press, 2017), an award-winning contemporary-fantasy romance for young adults. Her other published works can be found in young adult anthologies, community interest newspapers, and sports magazines (youth athletes/actors). When she’s not chasing her characters around a cemetery or antagonizing them with the wonders of young love, she can be found in the land of lobsters and snowy winters with her husband, four children, a playful pooch, and three kittens. Sheri would love to stop by your school or visit your classroom through Skype. Hop over to her website www.salarsenbooks.com to find out more or send her a tweet on Twitter @SA_Larsen.
Keep an eye out for this author–I really think she’s one to watch. – Danielle DeVor, author of the MARKER CHRONICLES
About MOTLEY EDUCATION: The Urd Saga Book I
**Multi Award-Winning Middle Grade Novel!**
Forget having a lively after school social life, Ebony Charmed is fighting to keep the entire afterlife alive.
Ebony’s less-than-average spirit tracking abilities are ruining more than sixth grade at Motley Junior High: School for the Psychically and Celestially Gifted. Her parents argue so much her dad’s moved out. And, even though he’s scared of his own shadow and insists on bringing his slimy, legless lizard everywhere they go, Ebony wouldn’t survive without her best friend, Fleishman.
When Ebony’s Deadly Creatures & Relics’ project goes missing she learns her missing project is one of the keys to saving the spirit world.
Now Ebony and Fleishman must battle beasts from Norse mythology to retrieve her project before spirits are lost, the Well of Urd dries up, and Ebony loses all hope of reuniting her family. But someone lies in wait, and he has other plans…including creating a new world of spirits without them in it.
*New England Book Festival’s Children’s Novel of 2016
*2017 Feathered Quill Book Awards, Bronze Medal Winner Best Juvenile/YA Fiction
*2017 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards, Honorable Mention Middle Grade Fiction; ebook
*2017 Literary Classics Book Awards, Gold Medal WinnerJuvenile/Grade School Fiction
*2017 Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards Gold Medal Winner, Children’s Fiction; Fantasy
Publisher: Leap Books, Seek
ISBN: 978-1-61603-077-3 | ASIN: B01M2TWCK3
Length: 354 pages
Ages: 8 – 13 | Grade: 3 – 7
Price: $16.99 | $3.99 (ebook) | Audiobook coming soon…
Classified: Children’s Social Issues | Folktales & Myths, Norse Mythology, Coming of Age
Released: October 2016
More about the world of Motley Junior High – School for the Psychically & Celestially Gifted
PRAISE FOR MOTLEY EDUCATION
- “A deftly crafted and consistently entertaining read from cover to cover! Indeed, Motley Education is certain to be an enduringly popular addition to elementary school and community library collections.” ~Midwest Book Reviews – Children’s Bookwatch: May 2017
- “A great middle grade full ofadventure. Fingers crossed for more!”
~CaseyLyall, author of the HOWARD WALLACE Series
- “A wonderful world full of dynamic characters, ever increasing intrigue, and imaginative worlds where amazing things happen! Motley Education is the perfect middle grade fantasy book.” ~Readers’ Favorite
- “This middle grade fantasy is a perfect fall read! MOTLEYEDUCATION features a great friendship, wonderful world building, mythology andpage turning adventure – I highly recommend it!” ~Erin Cashman,author of THE EXCEPTIONALS
NOTE: Book II is tentatively titled DEAD ALLEY; hopeful release – end of 2019
*5 Star Review: “A beautiful tale of mystery, love, and romance. The writing is simply amazing!” ~ Readers’ Favorite
About MARKED BEAUTY
Uncovering hidden secrets can sometimes kill you . . . or worse, steal your soul.
Anastasia Tate has a secret. She can feel the emotions of others through their life energy auras. Not a welcome gift for a teenager. Especially when a sinister presence begins stalking her. Viktor Castle also has a secret. He’s tasked with protecting humanity yet cursed by an ancient evil to destroy it.
After Viktor saves Ana’s life, her abilities grow stronger. Drawn together, she senses Viktor has answers to lifelong questions. Only he shuns her at every turn, knowing he has saved her only to put her in more danger. As Ana struggles with her attraction to Viktor, he tries everything to bury his unexpected feelings for her. But they must find a middle ground. For only together can they combat the dark forces threatening both their lives . . . and their souls.
2017 New England Book Festival’s Runner-Up, Young Adult Category!
2018 American Fiction Awards Finalist; Young Adult Category
2018 Readers’ Favorite Finalist in the Young Adult – Fantasy – General genre
2018 Maine Romance Writers ‘Strut Your Stuff’ Grand Prize Winner – Readers Choice
2018 Maine Romance Writers Readers’ Choice; YA/NA category
2018 Literary Classics Finalist
Publisher: Ellysian Press
ISBN: 9781941637425 | ASIN: B0743B373F
Price: $12.99 | $5.99 (ebook)
Classified: Magical Realism, Fantasy Romance, Paranormal, Paranormal Romance
Released: October 2017
More about MARKED BEAUTY
PRAISE FOR MARKED BEAUTY
- “With some of the best imagery I’ve ever read, MARKED BEAUTY will have you desperately flipping pages to find out what happens with Ana and Viktor–who are both mysteriously endearing and an absolute delight to cheer for.”
– Elana Johnson, USA Today Bestselling Author
- “Vividly rich in detail, this compelling read has a tension-filled romance that leaves you turning pages and wanting more. A must-read for paranormal fans.” – Kristin Smith, bestselling author of Catalyst
- “Another great read from S. A. Larsen! I became a fan of this author last year with her (multi) award-winning middle grade novel, Motley Education.” ~ Verified Amazon Customer
- “This rich blend of mythology and romance will appeal to fans of The Mortal Instruments and Holly Black’s Tithe series. Enthralling from start to finish!” – Darby Karchut, author of Del Toro Moon and Finn Finnegan
Fun Facts about Sheri
Place: on the water | cemeteries | reading a book by the fire
Book: Pride & Prejudice (& the zombie one, too!), Dracula | As a child: Where The Wild Things Are and Charlotte’s Web
Snack: Sugar Babies
*For more on her favorites, publishing journey, and writing tips, visit her website!
Giving back to her writing community is important to her, and she does so as a @MixedUpFiles interview & giveaway coordinator, #MGLitchat co-host on Thursday Twitter chats (9PM EST), and writing mentor for First Five Pages under Adventures in YA Publishing.